Graduates (Tertiary & High School)Programme:
Career Guidance / Securing your First Job
For high school and university graduates, who are looking for their first job.
One of the greatest life challenges is securing one’s first job. For high school and university graduates, a first job is a critical milestone, and can be a source of stress and anxiety for both the graduates and their parents!
Due to lack of experience, as well as tremendous competition for entry-level jobs, it’s easy to feel despondent and discouraged when great jobs at top companies are not materialising as quickly as you want.
This programme covers all the basics, including CV formulation, a strategy and plan for getting it out (including traditional and non-traditional channels), interview practice and preparation, and coaching on all elements that lead to successfully securing your first job.
- A solid career plan, leveraging your education, skills and ambitions
- A strategy and action plan for getting yourself in the market
- Interview process ‘navigation’, preparation and debriefs; package offer negotiation
- Securing and preparing for your new role
- Support for dealing with all the practical, mental, and emotional elements of the process, including rejection and disappointment
- 5 x 60 minute one-to-one coaching sessions
- Includes email support and laser coaching (5 – 10 minutes in between sessions, where needed); summary email after each session with key actions, tools, and resources
- Includes access to online VCP Resources at no extra cost
- Includes access to additional ‘pay as you go’ single sessions after programme completion
- Sessions to take place via skype, zoom or other digital platform (to be agreed with your coach)
- Pacing of sessions to be discussed with your coach. Sessions are ideally spaced 2 weeks apart, but this will depend on your own rhythm and availability