Executive Coach, Organisational and Personal Development Facilitator; Strategic Conversations and Planning; Change Management
Theo designs and facilitates numerous Leadership, Management and Organisational development programmes both for local and international clients. Since 2003, Theo has coached numerous senior managers in corporate, Government, NPO’s, High Schools and SMME’s in South Africa, London and Hong Kong (via Skype). He is a former Coach on the Emerging leaders Programme run jointly by the UCT’s Graduate School of Business (GSB) and Duke University (USA) for young people who were already in leadership positions in various organisations in SA and the USA.
- Studied at UNISA, CPUT and numerous short people development courses at a wide range of institutions both locally and abroad. e.g. DISC Profile Practitioner Programme (Thomas International), Assessment Centre Facilitation (Nedcor Group – Jhb), Life Line Advanced Counselling Skills (Life Line Toronto Canada), Leadership for Collective Learning (Senge Institute NY USA).
- Served Life Line (Counselling Organisation) in SA as a volunteer Counsellor, Facilitator, Counselling Supervisor and Board Chairperson (local and national) over a period of 40 years.
- Former part-time lecturer at University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) on MDP and EDP.
- Trained at the GSB and an accredited Insights Discovery Practitioner
- Held senior HR positions with Corporate Organisations in the Retail and Finance Industries
- Management & Executive Coach, Organisational and Personal Development Facilitator, Insights Discovery Practitioner, Conference Speaker, Team Relationship Development, Strategic Conversations and Planning, Change Management
I have been thoroughly engaged during my coaching sessions with Theo Jansen. I really enjoyed the interactions and they gave better perspectives in terms of an all round view of my life. This includes family, business and life in general. The virtual coaching sessions did not seem to be virtual at all. It felt like face-to-face coaching even though we were at different locations. The sessions also assisted in tackling business challenges in the Interim role of Chief Executive, with a fresh desire to achieve deliverables and mandates. It further provided an excellent sounding board for me on approaches to decision making at executive level, with lessons learnt. His approach was practical and backed up with examples from his roles in industries and the consulting business. Theo is highly recommended for anybody requiring executive coaching.
“I found Theo to be an insightful, resourceful and calm person who dealt with my fears about and interest in the process with professionalism. I have finished the sessions with a calmer and clearer perspective of my role at SMIT Amandla Marine. Theo’s astute respect for the discussions we had and his treatment of my view of the world, life, business and family was gentle and appreciated; his practical focus meaningful.”