Career Changes: Top 10 Questions for Success, & how to Leave a Legacy
Your New Job – Top 10 Questions for Success
Key questions to ask yourself when you start a new job, to pave the way for a quick and successful transition.
- What have been the most positive experiences in my new role so far?
- What have I found to be most challenging and unsettling in my new role?
- What have I been learning-about myself, my manager, my team and others-including the culture around me
- What are my key priorities in the next 30/ 60/ 90/ 120 days?
- What have I identified as potential ‘quick wins’?
- Who are key people to my future success in my new role?
- Where are my learning ‘edges’ right now? (ie. Areas where I most urgently need to develop or upskill)
- What can I do to begin strengthening around these edges?
- What would success look/feel like in my new role?
- What will help me manage my energy and stress levels during this transition?
Moving On – The Best Way to Leave
Post-resignation, leave a lasting legacy
- What do you need to close off before you move into your new role?
- What is your handover plan and strategy?
- What do you most appreciate about each team member and how will you let them know before you leave?
- What might you still need to be available for while transitioning to your new role/company, and how will you plan for this?
- What is the legacy you want to leave in your team/business?