Sunny has developed a succession of leadership and management development programmes within the corporate sector in South Africa, the UK, USA and Australia, as well as a range of international programmes in the corporate, legal and education fields. She plays a leading international role in building the profession of coaching. Sunny’s books include: ‘Leadership Coaching for Results: Cutting-edge practices for coach and client’, ‘Business Coaching International: Transforming individuals and organizations’ , ‘Business Coaching Wisdom and Practice: Unlocking the secrets of business coaching’
- Qualified Executive and Team Coach (+25 years), Business Psychologist (UK), Leadership Development Strategist
- Founding President COMENSA (Coaches and Mentors of South Africa)
- Founding Fellow, Institute of Coaching at Harvard McLean, A Harvard Medical School Affiliate
- DProf Executive Coaching (Middlesex University London); MA University of Sussex UK; Diploma Systemic Team Coaching (AoEC) London
- Lecturer at University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) and South African College of Applied Psychology (SACAP)
- Advisory Board Director with the Professional Development Foundation UK (PDF)
- Founder international coaching and leadership development consultancy since early nineties with a suite of 25 coaches across multiple sectors
- Over 25 years’ international experience as an executive coach, at senior executive and board level, with a wide range of experience in leadership development and business strategy
- Clients include: Absa CiTi, Cummins Filtration International, Deloittes, Edcon (Edgars), Eskom, EY, Gordon Institute of Business Science, Google, Ikineo, Mercantile Bank, MTN, Multichoice Africa, Ninety9Cents, NMC, Pick n Pay, Sanlam, Santam, Sasol, Standard Bank, TFG (The Foschini Group), The Unlimited, Vodacom and VWSA.
- Her coaching looks at deepening the level of conversation to move from performance (what needs to be done differently), to learning (what learning is needed cognitively and emotionally for change to happen in terms of thinking, feeling and behaviour), and being and becoming (who are you, how do you do you, and who do you want to become).
- Executive and Systemic Team Coach: Leadership development, Managing strategy and career transitions, Conflict resolution
Submit your review
"Sunny has helped me to formulate my own life goals effectively and then to act on them in direct and indirect ways. She understands a wide range of working contexts. She empathises with the publicly driven agendas that I subscribe to without letting the society overwhelm the individual’s needs and sense of self.
Sunny is a passionate and inspiring person with whom I readily identified. She has assisted me to be more effective in my work and to realise that what I do I thoroughly enjoy, despite all the challenges!"
"Sunny is one of South Africa’s leading executive coaches with an impressive client list and an enviable reputation in this country. She has had the very difficult task of being executive coach to one of the potential new Chairs for the company, one of the daughters of the current Chair. This was a particularly difficult assignment, for all sorts of reasons, and Sunny has risen to the occasion quite remarkably, and turned around a situation which once looked almost hopeless. I am filled with admiration for what Sunny has done and for the breadth and depth of her professional skills."
"Within a period of eight months of working with Sunny, I have been promoted from a Sales Manager status to Sales Directorship. I have built strong relationships/alliances with my superior, co-workers and gained credibility. I am able to recognise areas of strength and development in my staff as well as myself. My team achieved quarterly targets in numbers and this has vastly improved their motivation levels. I am able to add more value at management meetings.
Having said all of the above I strongly believe that with the impact Sunny has made on me as a person, has shown in my work."
"I would like to thank you for your excellent facilitation, teaching and coaching on our Business and Executive Coaching Certificate(BECC) over the last three years, but in particular I would like to make reference to the course you ran last week on The Theory and Knowledge Areas underpinning Coaching.
Your coaching demo`s in class (witnessed by myself) were of the highest standard and demonstrated critical coaching competencies. Thank you for setting the tone for the remainder of the certificate. I do hope the lecturers that follow maintain the high standard upon which you have laid down."