Ian played golf professionally for 8 years from 1998 – 2005 and in this time travelled the world playing on the US PGA, European, South African and Asian Tours. While playing, he had a Performance Coach who was an integral part of his success. A serious injury forced him into early retirement from golf, but his passion for improving ones performance through coaching resonated within him to pursue Coaching as a profession. He held top managerial positions at some of SA’s most prestigious golf clubs and has since become an entrepreneur with a few successful businesses. His coaching style uses integrated techniques to harness a person’s belief system for them to achieve and maintain their goals.
- Sc (Psych): Louisiana State University, USA, 1998
- PC (Diploma in Practitioner Coaching), The Coaching Centre, 2014
- Affiliate Coach with CoMenSA
- Client include: Philip Morris International • Harley Davidson SA • Cadiz Asset Management • Steenberg Golf Estate • Reddam House • SA Waterpolo – Coaches and players Professional Golfers – several of the world’s top golfers
- Leadership and Management Coaching – Executive, Senior and Middle management levels, entrepreneurs, self-employed professionals, corporate, NGO and public sector employees at all levels
- Self Leadership – psychological and coping skills, self-management and personal effectiveness
- Performance Coaching – coaching some of SA’s top professional athletes and coaches
Submit your review
As a coach, I have found Ian to be deeply committed and extremely professional. His vast experience both within the corporate world and in the world of professional sport has provided him with the requisite skillset to be the ideal coach. Ian has challenged and pushed me both personally and professionally and been extremely balanced and candid in his feedback while constantly motivating me. What is remarkable about Ian’s style, is that he is able to communicate these thoughts and ideas in a clear and thoughtful manner while maintaining a healthy dose of humour. I have benefitted tremendously from my coaching journey as a leader at work and at home.
I found my coaching sessions immensely invaluable in terms of gaining perspective and direction with all the uncertainty at that time. Ian also taught me mindfulness breathing techniques which I still do. He taught me the importance of implementing as much structure and routine as is possible, in a client servicing team. On a personal level he encouraged and motivated me to focus more on me and create more of a sustainable balance in my life, which has paid dividends. His genuinely caring, gregarious and passionate manner is inspiring and contagious. I thoroughly enjoyed and benefitted from each of our coaching sessions.