Althea has over 23 human resource development and transformation experiences across corporates in several industries in South Africa and the USA. She has coached leaders, specialists, graduates and university students across multiple industries and disciplines.
Althea’s coaching is aimed at leaders; managers; transformation champions and change agents in all spheres of life; those in helping professions; people on a career development path; individuals desiring to foster balance creativity and care for themselves; professionals in transition; people dealing with grief and loss and those who wish to deepen their journey in issues of diversity, inclusion and difference.
- BA (Psychology and Politics) - Occidental College, Los Angeles
- Trained in Building Personal and Professional Competence in a Multicultural Society, Georgetown University
- Trained in Adult Learning, University of Western Cape
- Trained in Race, Diversity and Transformation facilitation at Wits Institute of Cultural and Diversity Studies
- Educator, teaching on a post-graduate qualification coaching programme at the South African College of Applied Psychology
- Coaching Supervisor, for students completing a their Coaching Client Internship at the South African College of Applied Psychology
- Trained and certified Accredited International Time to think coach, facilitator, and consultant. Trained in Grief Coaching, Coaching with the Enneagram and Transactional Analysis
- Professional coaching memberships includes: Time to Think South Africa, Coaches and Mentors of South Africa (COMENSA)
- Clients include: BP Southern Africa, Engen Petroleum, Sasol, Shell South Africa, Total South Africa; South African College of Applied Psychology; Old Mutual, Coronation Fund Managers, Allan Gray, Sanlam, Santam. Mentor, Allan Gray Orbis Foundation.
- Leadership Development, Career Development, Transition Coaching,
- Diversity and Inclusion, Meaning-Making, Grief and Loss
Submit your review
Althea is a jewel to me. She helped me beyond words, creating a safe, and affirming space, without a feeling of being rushed. To be open to whatever I was feeling, and to challenge it, and to face up to the truth. I felt empowered every time I left our sessions. I felt like nothing was impossible. It is ultimately made me realise that no matter what happens, I will always be ok. Difficult situations will not break me. She has an aura and an energy about her that makes it so easy to open up. I found myself sharing things I had no intention of sharing. And feeling great about it. She coached me into a human that is kind to herself, and her identity.
Althea has been a wonderful coach as she pushes you to go beyond your usual thought process and makes it seem like nothing is unachievable. She also has a wealth of knowledge on how to improve your softer skills, which I quite enjoyed.
One may think coaching is merely a therapy session, however I found my coach to be equipped with useful and practical tools and knowledge in order for me to develop. My coach has been honest, receptive, intuitive, supportive and helpful. Her skills as a coach have been clearly evident in my personal experiences with her in terms of where we started and how she got me to make progress towards achieving my career goals.